Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dahlink.....she's gorgeous!!

the other day, my darling husband suggested we register our daughter with a modelling agency - he alluded to the fact that everyone tells us she's gorgeous. now of course, WE think she's gorgeous - but I had assumed we were a little biased. and i had assumed that others said she was beautiful/cute/adorable because that's what people say about babies. I mean who among us has not commented on the beauty of a - how do I say this nicely? - you know, a baby that isn't, well..... oh let's be honest, who hasn't commented on the beauty of a baby that hasn't quite evolved from the gorillas yet... there I said it :)

anyway, so I took him seriously and I sent her photos along to a modelling agency.



I received back an email telling me how gorgeous she was and could i come for an interview. now let me say here, for those of you who don't know me (and that would be most of you I'm sure) I am under no illusions whatsoever that this is not a form letter that is sent to every hopeful mum of a star-to-be child. I am so uncool about the whole modelling/fashion/talent industry that when a friend of mine, tongue in cheek, suggested that I'd now have to get some D&G sunglasses, I had to email and ask what D&G stood for :)

Anyway, so I thought heck, this could be a riot, so I made an interview time. worst case scenario, I'm out an agency fee. best case scenario - the little blighter starts pulling her weight around here - I mean what? she six months? and still sponging off us...... get a job already!!

2 comments:

  1. Be careful with those modelling agencies. We registered our little one with one last year and haven't heard a thing from them since! They will try to get you to spend the most amount on a photo shoot rather than use your own photos. We didn't fall for that thank God. Anyway, i just wanted you to be aware but good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks nicola.... it's just a bit of fun so we'll be sure not to get sucked into anything too outrageous....mia is gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete