Friday, April 21, 2006

Dear Charlotte...

Dearest Charlotte,
It seems just yesterday - and yet a lifetime ago too - that I held you in my arms for the first time. Where has the year gone my baby? You have given your Daddy and I so much happiness over the past twelve months and we love you so very much.

I want to tell you how much you mean to us and how much you make us laugh... that squeal of excitement that we get first thing in the morning is worth the 5am wake-ups (well usually!!).

I want to tell you how much your Nanna would have loved meeting you - and how she is your own personal guardian angel - always watching over you.

I want to tell you how hard it is not to laugh now you are learning the concept of 'tantrum' and how I have to leave the room when you clench your fists and stamp your feet - just so you can't see me smile ... you have a mind of your own and I foresee years of asserting your independence ahead of you!!

I want to tell you that you have changed your Mummy and Daddy's lives forever - and only for the better. The sleep-ins, the relaxing holidays, the dinners without interruption, the countless other things we have 'lost' ..... those things pale in comparison to the endless joy that you've brought to our lives.....

We love you big one-year old girl...xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That brought a tear to my eye.

    She is very lucky to have Dave and you as her parents.

    Well chosen, Charli!

    ReplyDelete