Saturday, August 26, 2006

An artist's view

Well at my wit's end this week - I discovered the life of a full-time stay at home mum with a toddler. I don't think I truly appreciated those 2-3 days a week when someone takes charli girl off my hands and I get to go to work or work on my thesis - both 'work' but not nearly as hard as entertaining a 16 month old. So we resorted to 'art' - something I've been reluctant to embark upon as it's seemed so messy. Little could I realise the true issues at hand.......

So here she is decked out in a shirt that Claire bought me back from London - I love this t-shirt but having already managed to stain it with what I think is beetroot I was willing to allow it to become Charli's art smock (as it turns out she didn't stain it as much as I already had!!).


So it turns out the art classes were not the real disaster. The real disaster was me leaving a can of coke (mine not hers!!) on the table - next to my mobile phone which I'd just used to take these photos - and walk inside to get her a drink or a bicky or whatever the little ratbag was insisting upon at the time (i realise now it was just a ruse for her to tip my coke all over the mobile phone)...... here is a photo of me grabbing the phone (and inadvertently taking a photo) in an attempt to rescue it before it was drowned....... this should come with the caption "oh shit" which is what was being exclaimed at that exact moment...

5 comments:

  1. You are game letting a toddler play with paints so close to a beige lounge!

    At least didn't return back to the room to discover her chugging down your coke. She'd still be bouncing off the walls 48 hours later. And wouldn't Mummy be happy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh... it's an old hand me down of desley's that i've had for donkey's years - it's on the back deck... not even inside the house..... it's not exactly a treasured piece of furniture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey looks like fun. i will be glad to take the art classes for you next time i'm up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet Charli is still just so damn cute in her painting smock! Can't stay mad at her for long, can you?

    ReplyDelete