Monday, August 14, 2006

Can she live up to her title?

Well dear readers..... as little as I've been posting lately - I may soon hit an all time low as I bid you adieu for a few months. On a whim a fortnight ago I applied for a scholarship that will pay me to convert to full-time on my thesis (i.e. give up my job/go on extended leave of absence) and complete and submit in 16 weeks. Submission date 8th December.... not the 9th.... not the 10th... but the 8th. This is non-negotiable. Talk about pressure huh (scholarship monies to be repaid if I can't submit on time)..... and you guessed it - on Friday night I was offered the scholarship. A weekend of panicking, stressing, weighing up finances... weighing up the stresses of having to submit a thesis in 16 weeks and give birth a mere 2 weeks later (and that's assuming the little blighter doesn't come early)....... all of this resulted in a very sleepless couple of nights and the ultimate decision was made this morning to accept the scholarship and go hell for leather getting it completed.

Let's face it... I had trouble completing it when i was full-time, when i was single, when i was married with no dependents - the thought of working part-time and raising 2 children under 2 - let's be honest, if I don't complete this now it will never happen. And in case I've not alluded to it before, clearly if anything has been learnt in the past 8 years, it's that I'm not self-motivated enough if there are no deadlines...... so I've just given myself the ultimate deadline......

So blogging may be a thing of the past for awhile.... or I may end up using it as my sounding board in which case you are about to be subjected to 4 months of sheer boredom as you listen to my rants about the post-divorce adjustment of teenage children - sound exciting?

So wish me luck dear readers. All offers of baby-sitting, bringing around home-cooked meals, sending of vouchers for holidays in the Bahamas when this is finally all over........ well they'll all be well received. Adieu......

2 comments:

  1. You are a very very brave woman. If I can help in any way just call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong Carla.
    I know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete