Monday, September 11, 2006

53,839 words and counting

Hi dear readers,
Allow me to just take a quick moment out of my thesis-writing day to share with you the growing pile of paper that will (in 13 weeks I hope) be submitted as my PhD thesis. this is only photos of chapters that have been seen by my supervisor, commented upon and revisions made - so it's still probably only half of what you will eventually see. But then ironically the thesis will actually seem smaller than this because the thesis office at UQ is now - in the interest of 'green' thinking - allowing double sided printing of theses. I think this decision was also made to reduce the number of workers' compensation claims that were being made for back injuries by those having to pick up the documents!!



5 comments:

  1. Oh Carla - that's huge! You must be so proud.

    I don't think I've written 53,000 words in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to read the 'summary' when you're done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, not sure what you mean by the summary. the discussion chapter will be about 20 pages. the abstract is 800 words - take your pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hell if you finish it on time i'll read the whole damn thing :) well done (i can't see the pics from work but will check them out tonight - my imagination will fill in for me till then!)

    ReplyDelete