Saturday, June 16, 2007

Childhood memories

Hello dear readers,
Today I am ordering books from Amazon.com....... I am trying to find all of those wonderful books that I remember from my childhood. And we're ordering them for our kids...

Lowly worm books by Richard Scarry
Where the wild things are
Enid Blyton's the Magic Faraway Tree series
Raggedy Ann's Cooking School (I have this on tape with my mum reading it to me :))

So in an attempt to cut down on shipping costs - if anyone in Brisbane would like to order any books for their little ones - special books that they remember from their childhoods... let me know.

5 comments:

  1. You can pick all (or most) of them up in your local book store.

    Enid Blyton's series is about $4-$5 each book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you can - but harder to find the raggedy ann books (the ones published when we were kids anyway) and the lowly worm books... plus you know, I don't go to real shops anymore... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have a look for you next time I'm in a book store. I see them every now and then. We have some Richard Scarry and Raggedy Ann and Andy books. Vinnies is good for those kind of books too.

    Where are all your old books from when you were a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had so many Enid Blyton books - the Famous Five, the Secret Seven, the Adventurous Four, Wishing Chair and Faraway Tree .... most of these went missing in the move back from Bougainville (poor Dad had to do a rush job in packing). I've still got quite a lot of books aimed at the 8-12 age group, when Charli and Zie are old enough, they can borrow whatever they like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love love love richard scarry!!! and enid blyton too - i picked up a couple of old famous five in original hardback from vinnies recently and have been rereading them.

    ReplyDelete