Thursday, June 07, 2007

Miscellaneous memories

  • Mackenzie played peekaboo with me the other night after her bath. Pulling the towel she was wrapped in over her face and then pulling it down and belly-laughing as I yelled 'boo' repeatedly for about 5 minutes
  • Today while making breakfast a glass cutting board fell onto the bench and I waited with bated breath for it to shatter while exclaiming "SHIT".... Suddenly from behind me I hear "shit" from my two-year old. I turn horrified - sure that it was Dave who was going to be the first to corrupt her ever-burgeoning vocabulary.... but no. " No charli, mummy said 'shoot' like we 'shoot' with your toy cap gun, you know? shoot" "no mummy, shit" she exclaims. I sigh. I turn and resume pouring milk over cereal, intent on the task of ignoring her expletives, fervently praying that she will not still be chanting 'shit' in 2 hours when we go over to my parents-in-law. I look at her sideways, trying to see whether she will say it again. She eyes me back sternly and proclaims "you mummy, naughty".... I leave the room laughing
  • My face being spattered with rather saliva-ry sweet potato as Zie, after tasting her first mouthful of food, rolls it around her tongue until the food is good and truly wet and then blows a raspberry at me, right as I lean in to ask "do you like it?"..... she found it rather funny to say the least. My two baby girls - a laugh a bloody minute :)
  • Me going into charli's room after a ten minute session of yelling when she is meant to be sleeping only to have her say 'charli (a)wake mummy - park?'..... I've learnt my lesson about saying "when you wake up we'll go to the park"... sigh. Literal bloody beings aren't they?
  • Zie's first 'words' - dada - at the tender age of 5 months....... just like her sister. I already envision a future in which Dave and I have to have earplugs surgically inserted into our ears to prevent them from bleeding - being exposed to 2 little girls aged 2 and 4 who talk from sun-up to sundown - enough to make anyone's ears bleed..... it's lucky that sometimes it's nice things like "I lub you mummy" - the new one from charli.
  • And finally today, all dressed up to go to lunch - just in jeans and a tanktop but looking rather slim and hot if I do say so myself ;) charli declares me 'pretty', races for her toy camera and says "picture you mummy? cheese!!" And its moments like that that make it all worth it people :)

3 comments:

  1. oh Carla, that's so adorable! I confess, Jet learnt his first (worse than Charli's too, oops!) expletive from me too...
    Oh they are soo cute!! I can't wait till November :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tape recorder's never off, is it! Mim had a 'fight' with her sister the other day and stalked into her bedroom exclaiming "Caitlin is f#$@king"! We had a big talk about how that is a grown up word and she can only use it when she is a grown up. (Will have to tell Margaret in future that she is saying 'fork'!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same swearing problems from about age 3. We found that replacing them with alternative fun sounding words like 'woopsie-daisie' and 'fiddle-sticks' worked a treat.... until school. Then we discovered there are things like 'Swear Clubs'. You have to say the 'f' word to get in.

    Oh and by the way Carls, if you never shut-up, how do you expect your girls to?

    I loved Charli's reaction to Mummy looking hot! Xave is such a charmer. He frequently tells me whether I am dressed appropriately or not. They are too cute.

    ReplyDelete