Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A lot to answer for....

My PhD examiner who never returned my PhD report that is. Why? I just lost out to another candidate for a postdoctoral position that I really really really wanted. Why? Because this other candidate had their PhD already and yours truly does not. Otherwise I was an exceptional candidate for the job, 'very employable', good experience, fantastic project management skills... blah blah blah. It was actually hard to hear all the positive praise but then still be told I was unsuccessful. Oh well, what's the Zen response to all of this? Perhaps it is best that Dave and I are not both starting new jobs at the same time........ as he was successful in securing a new role that starts next Thursday - yay for hubby.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, babe, I'm sorry to hear that!! Maybe it's because the other candidate had really big tits, but they couldn't tell you that was the reason she got hired! I'm sure the Zen response is, there's something bigger and brighter around the corner, that'd suit you even better because it's closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm sorry to hear that but Shaz is probably right. About something else being around the corner for you that is. She may also be right about the big tits thing.

    Congrats to Dave on his new job though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Dave's new job... Best of luck.

    As for the delay in receiving the PhD, I am very sorry to hear that. How very frustrating! Something fantastic awaits you.

    By the way, I think you have great tits the way they are!!! But I can't offer you a job. Sorry Honey!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carla :)

    Again so sorry about the job...
    Have something to keep your mind off it, lol, I am tagging you for the 8 things about me/Meme thingy...
    http://april-adayinthelife.blogspot.com/2007/07/8-things-about-me-meme.html
    (hope that works...if not, just go look at my blog...)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god, i can't believe it. zen schmen, that's just annoying. i hope they accidentally tell you who he/she was (and where they lived too!). we can go round there some day and leave something nasty on the doorstep - haha!

    ReplyDelete