Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's kind of sad....

how little is expected of other people in the way of courtesy. While shopping for groceries this morning (don't even get me started on the $400 bill!!), I was getting out a trolley and noticed a lady walking towards me, as she approached the trolleys I offered her the one I had and then grabbed another one - I mean I was standing right there!!! She was soo grateful..said I had done my good deed for the day. I said thank you but suggested that I could probably do a little better than that for a good deed. Really people - this is all it takes to make people happy while going about their daily chores - just a little courtesy, nothing much. It sort of makes me sad that such a small gesture is even considered a 'good deed' rather than just a common courtesy.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Carla. The fact that courtesy, politeness and manners are considered "good deeds" is an embarrassment to the human race. Whatever happened to those things just being part of our day.

    I couldn't believe how friendly people are in the north. Every person I came across was nothing but nice, friendly and they believe it is their duty to help, without question or expectations of recognition, their community members

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because of most people's parenting style. Fortunately there are people like you who know how to properly bring up their kids.

    ReplyDelete