Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One minute I could kill her and then....

So I'm sitting here at 10pm mucking about on the computer because my 3 year old is going through one of her "I'm never tired" phases. I blew my stack (I'm trying to get some work done for a tomorrow deadline) and said "Okay, watch telly but DON'T SAY A WORD" because quite frankly I needed her to stop interrupting me with requests for water, needs to go to bathroom, desire to have a different book by her bed.... all delaying tactics if ever I've seen them. So after about 30 minutes of silence I hear:

"Mum I've been really quiet have I?"
"Yes Charli you have"
(pause)
"Well, now I think it's time to discuss the beach tomorrow. What do you think we should take? I think pyjamas. And toothbrushes. And toothpaste - will they have toothpaste? ....."

and on and on she went..... I shut down my work with a sigh. What's the bleedin' point?

2 comments:

  1. i'll trade you. i'd rather listen to that than a 3 week old screaming bloody murder. i'll have docs round here soon...

    ReplyDelete